Saturday, May 4, 2013

GF NJ

So, we've moved to NY.

From now on, all of the posts will be about GF things in NY/NJ

Went to TJ over in Westwood, NJ today and went shopping.  They don't exactly have the same items as they do in LA or California.  Produce, fruit, meat, etc.  They don't carry the TJ GF bread there.  I asked if they carried it and the person looked at me like I was crazy.  They have UDI's and I forgot the other brand.  I think the other brand was Food 4 life.

I also saw some other interesting things that I bought to try.

GF English muffins and french rolls.  Obviously, you're not going to be able to replicate the texture in the english muffin without gluten.  It tastes a bit like an english muffin and I haven't tried the french roll yet.

I found this:


I believe the GF wraps were from Shop Rite.  They also stay soft if you don't freeze them.

Aside from TJ, I saw UDIs GF Baguettes at Whole Foods the other day.  Really expensive though.  I think a bag of 2-3 baguettes was around $13.  The UDIs GF dinner rolls are good.  I imagine the baguettes are exactly the same except in baguette form.

No comments: