Tuesday, March 6, 2012

GF items at Trader Joes

Just in case you've been living under a rock for the past year or have never been able to make it there, Trader Joes has been selling GF oats since maybe the middle of last year if I remember correctly. I have a picture of the bag, which is blue and white, but I'll have to post that later. They've also just started selling 'Falafel' chips which is basically garbanzo flour and they also have corn flour in there. I'm pretty sure the corn is in there for stability because there's no way a garbanzo chip is going to hold up to being put in a package and maintain any shape. I'll also be posting a GF apple tart recipe when I get a chance. The tart is a French tart ala Maman Blanc with a shortcrust pastry and a quick custard to fill in space where the apples are. Very easy to make. I've made this tart many times and it's delicious.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy my video "stuff celiacs say"

It will make you laugh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McCFARrjZ0M

Feel Good Foods said...

Hi, Great content on your blog. We have a company called Feel Good Foods, which offers gluten-free dumplings and egg rolls and I would love to get you samples to try. If you're interested please email us at info@feelgf.com