Friday, January 11, 2008

GF bagels!



I made these the other day for J. Slightly crisp on the outside and soft in the middle. It's hard to make a good bagel that's GF, but I think these came out great. You're not going to get that chewiness inside like a real bagel, but it's better than nothing and they were still really good compared to other GF bagels we've eaten before.

I can't remember the exact recipe because I looked up a bunch of regular bagel recipes and just substituted.

-Rice flour for regular flour
-Xanathan gum
-Raw honey instead of sugar.
-I also added egg as a binder because the dough didn't have enough structure to hold together when rolled into a ball. I'm sure it's because I basically made up my own recipe.
-Canola oil
-Salt

Boil a few minutes on each side, throw into a really hot oven to get the color/crispness on the outside. Remove from heat, let cool and then enjoy!

-W

No comments: