Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Let the roasting begin!

What is that? It looks kind of spooky or like some strange artwork. Actually it's roasted pumpkin and it is soo delicious.
I am so excited for the fall and roasted veggies. I think it's the best way to eat many vegetables.
Truth be told though it's really not cold enough here in Los Angeles yet to be roasting. Today it's supposed to be near 90! A few days ago it was cooler and I really wanted to roast this pumpkin W got at the farmer's market. This wasn't your regular big round, smooth light orange pumpkin. I am not sure the variety but it was short, kind of bumpy and deep orange. After cutting it in half and scooping out the insides I put some olive oil on the halves and sprinkled it them with some sea salt. Then I put it in the toaster over at 400 degrees for 45-1 hour. So simple and so wonderful!
-J

No comments: