Monday, September 17, 2007

Recipe: Gluten free, Dairy free pizza


I made pizza the other night. The crust is from a recipe in The book
125 Best Gluten- Free Recipes.

This is the best crust recipe I've found so far. I used white rice flour instead of brown because that is what I had. You can make it either in a bread machine or with a mixer. It makes a very small amount- it fits perfectly into my toaster oven pan.
I've been staying away from dairy so I just sprinkled that bulk dry uncheese mix on it that I made last week. I also put chopped up artichokes, olives and heirloom tomatoes on it. I loved those cans of artichokes from Trader Joes, they are not packed in oil.
The pizza was so good.

1 comment:

Garlic Jim's Gluten-free Pizza said...

Jill,

I work for Garlic Jim's Famous Gourmet Pizza. We're based near Seattle but we have four stores in the LA area. We just started serving GF pizza a couple months ago and we're getting rave reviews:

http://www.garlicjims.com/menu_reviews.asp

I'm trying to spread the word. If you're interested in trying our new GF pizza, please let me know and I'll arrange a complimentary tasting for you and whomever you want to bring with you.

Best regards,

Ross Marzolf
Director of Public Relations & Marketing
Garlic Jim's Famous Gourmet Pizza